Saturday, January 9, 2010

Palo Verde Resort- SOLD! WTF

Palo Verde Resort became Arenal Bungalows without me knowing..... which OBVIOUSLY begs the question,
"Mike, how in the HELL did you let that happen... DUMBASS?"
The short answer is I didn't and don't have the neverending funds to keep a lawyer on retainer. If did, this may be an entirely different matter, but Gene Conti, Larry Bernstein and maybe (not sure) Bobby Blair unfortunately know this. And really, even if I did, good, efficient lawyers are sometimes difficult to come by, especially when you're going AGAINST gringo's with a little money behind them.

Here's the longer answer.

* Bought land and 10% of Palo Verde Resort from Eugene Conti back in 2005.

* Packed it up and came to Costa Rica with visions of paradise dancing in my head Nov. '05.

* By about March of '06 realized I made a HUGE mistake.

I wish it were this EASY to ERASE my MISTAKES

* Wanted NOTHING to do with Gene Conti as I have no respect nor trust him on ANY level.

* Still owned 10% of Palo Verde and about 1/4 acre lot in back of Palo Verde. I still believed my investment was a SOUND and SECURE one. But it was just too difficult to watch Gene run down Palo Verde, so I just wanted to be a 'silent partner' with hopes that in the future I would maybe make a buck or two if Palo Verde somehow became a money maker, but really I was wishing he would just SELL the place and give me my 10%.

* I basically allowed Gene to do whatever he wanted with Palo Verde, but as we LOVED Costa Rica, we moved to downtown La Fortuna and pondered our options.

* Also at the time, I believed the other partner, Larry Bernstein (30%), would somehow keep Eugene Conti in CHECK since he's RICH (or at least was, don't know how the recession has treated him) and supposedly, a pretty savvy business man. This proved to be another BIG mistake, I'll explain that story in another post.

* Subsequently got in bed with Nico Pisani .... he had a GREAT idea about starting a YouTube type website pertaining ONLY to Costa Rica and although I realized he had a bad aura, bad karma and was/is an 'angry person', I actually believed at the time we could make it work.... that we would pull him to SUCCESS whether he wanted it or NOT, by sheer hard work if nothing else. *Nico Pisani will also be a major subject of mine in future posts but NOT *just because he owes me more than $20,000.00

* I took responsibility for making some bad decisions concerning doing business with the likes of Gene Conti, put things in perspective and refused to look back. Gene and I have had little interaction in the last few years.

* We had a dislike for one another but business is business and personal is personal. He couldn't stand the fact I told him I didn't respect him nor like him and it made no difference what he thought of me, I could still talk to him and treat him well on a strictly professional, business level. He on the other hand, couldn't.

* He has conducted Palo Verde business behind my back for the last 2 years, finally culminating in whatever is happening NOW with Palo Verde becoming Arenal Bungalows, which I'm not privy to. So there it is.

I will fill in the 'blanks' and the between stories with people such as Nico Pisani, Larry Bernstein in later posts. Just wanted to try to make semblance of how it all got out of my GRASP so I don't sound like a COMPLETE dumbass.

TONS of Costa Rica Travel Info and VIDEOS on our website: Travel Costa Rica NOW and if you want to visit our YouTube Channel: iCostaRica24 Oh, and we also have all the INFO about GAY Travel in Costa Rica. ENjoY!

No comments:

Post a Comment